Vandana Rupani has been practicing in the firm's Dubai office since 2006. Prior to joining the firm, Vandana worked with prominent law firms in
Vandana has significant experience assisting multinational corporations and foreign entities in establishing a business presence in the United Arab Emirates. Vandana advises regularly on general corporate and commercial matters including corporate governance, licensing and restructuring issues, employment, and agencies and distributorships. She also counsels clients regarding investment activities, acquisition and sale of shares and assets, and joint ventures.
Vandana is a member of the firm's Diversity Advisory Committee since 2009.
The Law Society, England and Wales, Member
- The Indian Business and Professional Council, Dubai, Member
- Contributor, Doing Business in the United Arab Emirates, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, Membership Directory, 2012
- Contributor, U.A.E. Country Bulletin and Gifts & Hospitality Guidelines, for the online Resource Center of TRACE (Transparent Agents and Contracting Entities - Raising Standards Against Corruption), 2011
- Co-author, Article on the U.A.E. in the International Legal Developments In Review: 2009, ABA publication of The International Lawyer
- Contributor, Doing Business in 2006: Creating Jobs, a co-publication of the World Bank and the IFC
- Author, Jebel Ali Free Zone Offshore Companies, International Bar Association Newsletter of the Arab Regional Forum of the Section on Business Law, July 2004
- Co-author, Dispute Resolution in the U.A.E., Global Counsel Handbook, 2004 - 2005
- Contributor, U.A.E. Chapter on the Lex Mundi's Corporate Governance Project, conducted by the World Bank in association with Yale University and Harvard University, 2003
LL.M., Columbia University School of Law, New York, U.S.A.
LL.B., Government Law College, Mumbai, India
B.Com., Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai, India
Vandana has been admitted to the bar in multiple jurisdictions as an attorney in New York, solicitor in England and Wales, and advocate in Maharashtra & Goa.
- New York
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Hindi-Urdu - Proficient