Qiong Wang joined the firm's Austin office in 2008. She works as a technical advisor for the firm's intellectual property and technology practice group, with an extensive technical background in biochemistry, molecular biology and characterization of genetically modified animals.
"James E. Beall II Award in Neuroscience," National Student Research Forum (2007)
- "Connie Lea Lerea Travel Grant," Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology meeting (2006)
- "Robert A. Welch Predoctoral Fellowship," The Welch Foundation (2003)
- Wang, Q., Zhang, X., Zhang, L., He, F., Zhang, G., Jamrich, M., Wensel, T.G., "Activation-dependent hindrance of photoreceptor G protein diffusion by lipid microdomains," Journal of Biological Chemistry, in press.
- Wang, Q., Wensel T.G., "Biochemical Characterization of RGS9-1," Signal Transduction in the Retina (Methods in Signal Transduction Series). CRC press, in press.
- Gross, A.K., Wang, Q., Wensel, T.G., "Regulation of Photoresponses by Phosphorylation," Chap. 6 in Visual Transduction and Non-Visual Light Perception. Humana Press, in press.
- "Phosphorylation of Phototransduction GAP RGS9-1 Depends on the alpha isoform of Protein Kinase C," National Student Research Forum, Galveston, April 2007
- "PKCalpha Regulation of GPCR Response Kinetics via RGS9-1 and RGS7," Gulf Coast Consortium for Membrane Biology Symposium, Houston, October 2004
2007 - Ph.D., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
2002 - B.S., Biology, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
- Mandarin Chinese - Fluent