A partner at the firm since 1987, Ken Stewart serves as Chair of its Executive Committee, setting its strategic vision and overseeing the firm's daily operations. A member of the Corporate, Banking and Business Practices, Mr. Stewart served as the Partner-in-Charge in the firm's Dallas office from 2004-2012.
With more than 30 years of legal practice, Mr. Stewart's experience encompasses almost every aspect of corporate law. A certified public accountant as well as a seasoned counselor, he offers his clients solid negotiation skills and a deep understanding of the law as it relates to corporate business transactions. Mr. Stewart has handled mergers and acquisitions, partnership arrangements, securities transactions, business financings, and general corporate transactions and operations.
Mr. Stewart has worked with clients in several significant transactions, including the representation of a NYSE-listed MLP pipeline company in a $2.7 billion merger with another MLP pipeline company, the special committee of directors of a NASDAQ health care company in connection with a $1.1 billion management buyout and a NYSE-listed specialty steel manufacturer in a $4.2 billion acquisition by merger.
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section
- State Bar of Texas - Corporate Counsel Section
- Dallas Bar Association - Corporate Counsel Section, Chair (2000)
- Center for American and International Law - Board and Executive Committee (2006 - 2012), Secretary (2010-2012)
- "Texas Super Lawyer," Mergers & Acquisitions, Law & Politics
- "Texas Top Rated Lawyer," LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (2012, 2013)
1979 - J.D., Vanderbilt University
1976 - B.S.B.A., Accounting, University of Arkansas
While in law school, Mr. Stewart was honored as a member of the Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review.
He was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1979.
Mr. Stewart has three daughters and enjoys hunting and golfing.
Dallas Regional Chamber, Board Member (2005 - 2011)
- Executive Committee (2010 - 2011)
- Finance Committee (2005, 2006)
- Water Resource Committee (2007 - 2010), Chair (2010 - 2011)
- China Task Force (2006, 2007)
- Trinity Task Force (2007)
- Dallas Breakfast Group, Board Member (2010 - 2012)
- Dallas Citizens Council
- Trinity Commons Foundation
- Junior Achievement Dallas, Inc., Chair of the Board (2002, 2003)
- Dallas Business Hall of Fame, Chair (2001)