Gus Blackshear, a partner since 1975, practices in the area of tax law and has extensive experience in broad-based general business and the health care industry. Further, Gus assists clients with matters involving federal income tax, with a particular emphasis on taxable and tax-exempt tax issues.
From 1989 to 1991, Gus also served as partner-in-charge of the firm's Dallas office. Gus served as the firm's managing partner and chairman of the Executive Committee from 1992 through 2002.
- Houston Bar Association
State Bar of Texas
- Taxation Section, Former Chair
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- The Best Lawyers in America
- "Texas Top Rated Lawyer," LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (2012, 2013)
1968 - J.D., cum laude, Baylor University
1964 - B.B.A., cum laude, Baylor University
Gus was Editor-in-Chief of the Baylor Law Review.
A certified public accountant, Gus was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1968 and has been with the firm since 1969.