With well over 100 jury cases tried in his career, Frank Jones brings exceptional depth of experience to his area of concentration. In his over 40 years of practice, Frank has represented a wide range of clients from diverse industries in major commercial and, in several instances, "bet-the-company" litigation. His experience includes anti-trust cases, securities class action litigation and securities arbitrations. Kaplan Publishing has recently published "Lessons From the Courtroom," a book Frank has written based on his many years of trying lawsuits.
The common denominators among Frank's diverse client roster in handling significant dollar exposure cases are experience, expertise, and courtroom skills needed to provide representation in complex litigation.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
American Bar Association
Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Legal Specialization and Certification Committee, Former Chair; Former Vice-Chair
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section
- Houston Bar Foundation, Former Chair
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
American College of Trial Lawyers
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Former Chair
- National Moot Court Competition Committee, Former Chair
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Who's Who of Commercial Litigators
- "Super Lawyer," Law & Politics
- "Texas Top Rated Lawyer," LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (2012, 2013)
Frank has been a frequent contributor to programs and publications in various areas including architects, engineers, attorneys and accountants liability and various aspects of commercial and tort litigation.
His publications include:
- Lessons From the Courtroom, Kaplan Publishing, May 2009
- "Diversity at Fulbright & Jaworski," CEO Diversity Roundtable, December 4, 2003
- Co-Author, "International Litigation - Defending and Suing Foreign Parties in U.S. Federal Courts," October 2003
- "Lessons from the Courtroom You Can Use Everyday," Houston Forum, September 16, 2009
- "Closing Argument: The Net Worth of an Insurance Company," The University of Texas School of Law Insurance Law Institute, September 27, 1996
- "What Practicing Attorneys Should Know About Malpractice," Houston Bar Association Litigation Section, April 4, 1995
- "Defense of Attorney Malpractice Cases," Houston Bar Association Tax Section Seminar, October 20, 1994
1966 - LL.B., The University of Texas
1963 - B.S., History, Rice University
Frank has been admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas and in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eighth Circuits.
Frank's broad-based client experience parallels his love for travel in that he sees visiting new places as an opportunity to extend his knowledge of art and cultures. Although he receives real satisfaction from carrying a case through from opening statement to final argument, the sights offered by the opportunity to travel can be equally satisfying to him.
- Civil Trial Law
- Education Foundation of Houston, Community Advisory Board Member
- Association of Rice Alumni, Board Member
- Houston Lawyer Referral Service, Board Member
- Friends of the Texas Room of the Houston Public Library, Treasurer and Board Member
- San Jacinto Museum of History, Board Member