Partner Bill Finegan represents a broad range of companies and non-profit agencies in the areas of employment litigation and traditional labor law. He is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a labor and employment law specialist.
Bill's experience includes:
Representation of emerging, mid-market and fortune 500 companies in all areas involving the employee/employer relationship.
Litigation of EEO, retaliation, breach of contract, defamation and other employment related claims.
Counseling on labor and employment issues inherent in mergers and acquisitions.
Advising on employment practices with an eye towards deterring or preventing employment related disputes, litigation and/or unionization.
Strategy and communication planning relating to workplace change (i.e. layoffs, shutdowns, reorganizations, changes in benefits/policies, etc.).
Representation of companies in petition avoidance and union avoidance counseling; collective bargaining/negotiations and traditional labor dispute resolution.
Day-to-day counseling on all issues arising out of the employment relationship.
Dallas Bar Association, Employment Law Section
Texas State Bar Association
American Bar Association, Committee on Development of the Law Under the NLRA
Society for Human Resources Management
Dallas Human Resources Management Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law (2012 – 2013)
- Co-author, "Recent Changes at the National Labor Relations Board," Fulbright Briefing, January 17, 2012
- Co-author, "Final NLRB Rule Requiring Employer Posting of Employee Rights Delayed Until January 31, 2012," Fulbright Alert, October 6, 2011
- Co-author, "As Chairman Liebman's Term Ends, NLRB Issues Specialty Healthcare Decision Facilitating New Union Organizing of Small Employee Groups Defined By The Union," Fulbright Briefing, September 1, 2011
- Co-author, "Whose Workers Are They, Anyway?," Minnesota Lawyer, May 10, 2010
- Co-author, "A ‘New Day’ at the OFCCP Just Might Mean More Audits for Health Care Entities," Fulbright Briefing, April 29, 2010
- "Labor Unions and Healthcare: An Update and Look Into the Future," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., September 27, 2011
- "FMLA Master Class," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., May 3, 2011
- "FMLA Master Class," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., 2010
1988 - J.D., University of Nebraska, with distinction
1985 - B.A., University of Nebraska