Represents all forms of business entities in their transactional matters involving organizational, merger and acquisition, and reorganizational activities. He counsels management, board of directors and shareholders in business issues, corporate governance and disputes.
Through his deep experience with long-time successful clients, he maintains a practice involving trusts and estates and private wealth counseling. He regularly advises nonprofit corporations and trusts and their directors and trustees in their affairs. He currently serves on several non-profit boards.
Clients select Harry for his nearly 50 years of experience in leading organizations and boards, including his own law firm, where he was partner-in-charge of the Los Angeles office and a member of its Policy Committee for approximately 12 years.
Harry's recent significant matters include:
- Selection by accounting firms and business consultants to assist in the restructuring of family businesses to provide for orderly transition of management and preservation of wealth
- Counseling boards of directors of private companies on various governance and internal matters
- Serving as counsel to business executives in complex corporate matters which require reorganization of management and the spin off of operating entities and adherence to the duties of the fiduciary
- Counseling several high net worth clients on business and family succession matters; and private wealth protection
- Counseling nonprofit organizations on their business and philanthropic affairs
- American Bar Retirement Funds, Inc., Director (2002 - 2012); Vice President (2007 - 2008); President (2008 - 2009); Advisory Director (2009 - 2012)
- Manor Vail Lodge, Vail, Colorado, Board President (2010 - 2011); Director (2007 - 2013)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, President (1989 - 1990)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Chair and Council Member of the Senior Lawyers Section (2008 - 2013)
- Chancery Club, Los Angeles, President (2010 - 2011)
- U.C. Berkeley Foundation Board of Trustees, Chair (2000 - 2003); Emeritus Trustee (2004-present)
- Art Center College of Design Board of Trustees, Vice Chair (2003 - 2006); Chair, Capital Campaign
- Prudential Overall Supply, Director (1983 - Present)
- Hutto-Patterson Charitable Foundation, Trustee
- Susan Riley Family Charitable Foundation, Trutee
- Hankin & Co. Investment Banking, Advisory Director (1999 - 2002)
American Bar Association, Board of Governors (1990 - 1994)
- Senior Lawyers Division, Chair (2001 - 2002)
- Young Lawyers Division Chair (1970 - 1971)
- Los Angeles County Bar Foundation, Former Trustee (1990 - 1992)
- American Bar Endowment, President (1987 - 1989); Director (1979 - 1995)
- American Bar Association Journal, Editor (1982 - 1989)
- Alpha Microsystems, Inc., Director (1984 - 1996)
- Public Counsel, President (1984 - 1985), Los Angeles, California
- "Super Lawyer," Southern California Top 100 (2004, 2005); Southern California (2006 - 2013) Thomson Reuters
- "Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers," LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell (2013)
- Difference Maker Award, American Bar Association General Practice Section (2002)
- American Bar Foundation, Life-Patron Fellow
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate, Trusts & Estates (20+ years)
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- University of California, Berkeley, Elected Emeritus Life Trustee
- Recipient, Chancellor's Award, University of California, Berkeley (2003)
- Elected to Berkeley Fellows, honorific society, U.C. Berkeley
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating
1962 - J.D., University of Southern California Law School
1959 - B.S., Finance, University of California, Berkeley
A distinguished military graduate from U.C. Berkeley. President of the graduating law class of 1962 and a member of Phi Delta Phi.
He was admitted to practice law in California in 1963. He also is admitted to practice before all state and federal courts, as well as the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
1965-1968 - U.S. Army Reserves, Captain
1963-1965 - U.S. Army Intelligence Corps, Aide de Camp to Commanding General
1963-1965 - U.S. Army Intelligence Corps, 1st Lieutenant
Harry is an avid outdoorsman and enjoys hunting, fishing, skiing and mountain hiking.