D'Lesli Davis joined the firm's Dallas office in 2004. She has twenty years of well-rounded experience representing corporate clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country in all phases and types of litigation. Her practice has focused on representation of pharmaceutical and medical device corporate clients in the tort arena and media companies in commercial litigation, defamation and First Amendment matters, copyright infringement cases and other disputes.
D'Lesli experience includes representation of the following:
- National medical device company as part of national counsel team in mass tort litigation matters
- Multiple pharmaceutical companies in design defect and failure to warn products liability claims in MDLs and individual cases across the country
- Major medical device company in manufacturing defect cases
- International medical device entity in defense and indemnification matters
- Public relations company in significant political defamation matter
- Major motion picture company in defamation claim arising out of "tabloid T.V." show
- Numerous employers in defamation matters involving whistle-blower claims
- Texas State Bar - Sports & Entertainment Section Former Chair
- Dallas Bar Association - Sports & Entertainment Section
- "Best Lawyers in America"
- "Bridgeport v. Dimension Films: Sampling One Note is Infringement?," Dallas Bar Association Sports & Entertainment Section, and Texas Legal Institute, Austin, Texas, 2006
- "Napkin Notes: Court Tweaks Law of Informal Music Deals," Nashville Business Journal, 2005
1990 - J.D., with honors, The University of Texas Law School
1986 - B.B.A., Accounting, Baylor University
While in law school, D'Lesli was a member of the Order of the Coif and participated in the Capital Punishment Clinic. She is admitted to practice in the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas, the Middle District of Tennessee, the 5th and 6th Circuit Courts of Appeals and the state courts of Texas and Tennessee.
D'Lesli enjoys international travel, outdoor activities and all types of live music.
- Board member, OPEN, Inc.