80538 Munich, Germany
T: +49 89 242930
F: +49 89 242 93222
In May 2002, we opened our Munich office to better serve our client base both in Germany and Western Europe.
Our Munich lawyers speak German and have studied and lived in Germany. Our Munich office handles a broad range of matters governed by U.S. and international law including business transactions, international commercial arbitration, U.S. litigation and corporate and securities, intellectual property, energy, project finance, tax, real estate and other matters. In Munich, we provide American legal services to German and European-based entities conducting business and related activities in the United States.
- Represent German and Western European companies and investors in the purchase and sale of U.S. companies and assets, often in the oil and gas and other energy-related sectors
- Represent agencies and departments of the German government and other governments with respect to U.S. legal matters
Advise on the tax planning and structuring of various specific types of investment in the United States, including real property acquisitions, often spanning multiple legal areas, including corporate, banking, securities and tax law
Learn more about our international team.
- Represent German and Western European companies in all aspects of U.S. corporate law, federal and state securities laws and related regulatory and compliance matters
- Represent clients in matters relating to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Advise on contract and other legal relationships governed by U.S. law
Learn more about our corporate team.
- Represent clients regarding patents, patent litigation, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and computer law for a wide range of industries, including medical devices, genetically engineered crops, semiconductor devices, oil and gas drilling equipment, recreational sports, office products, consumer health care products and food processing equipment
Advise on trademark and copyright prosecution, enforcement and counseling and appellate trademark proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
Learn more about our intellectual property and technology team.
Our lawyers serve as arbitrators and counsel for parties in international commercial arbitrations under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce, the London Court of International Arbitration, the American Arbitration Association, UNCITRAL, the World Bank International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes and in ad hoc arbitral proceedings
Learn more about our arbitration and ADR team.
Representation of all parties in virtually all U.S. or international transactions involving electric power, oil and gas, refining, petrochemical and pipeline industries, as well as related regulatory, litigation and alternative dispute resolution representation and counseling
Learn more about our energy team.
Represent clients in the development, finance, construction, acquisition and operation of virtually any type of facility or project, in the U.S. or internationally
Learn more about our structured and project finance team.
- Our trial lawyers are renowned internationally for extensive trial skills and we are rated consistently as one of the top litigation firms
- Represented clients successfully in thousands of jury trials, non-jury trials and arbitrations
Many of our trial lawyers have been selected for fellowships in such prestigious professional organizations as the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates
Learn more about our litigation team.
- Represent owners, developers, managers, purchasers, sellers, borrowers, lenders, landlords, tenants, contractors and architects in connection with the drafting, negotiation, administration and enforcement of contracts and agreements involving all types of real property
- Representation of individuals, corporations, partnerships and other business entities with respect to the day-to-day administration of real property and related facilities and the leasing or disposition of excess property
Advise on transactions with governmental entities, including land swaps, street abandonment and government leases and land use matters including zoning, platting and permitting
Learn more about our real estate team.
- Advise on the domestic and international rules of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and regulations
- Advise U.S. clients on the U.S. tax requirements applicable to foreign operations, as well as non-U.S. clients regarding the tax consequences of their U.S. operations
Maintain a working familiarity with the general rules of other jurisdictions
Learn more about our tax team.
- We received the first-ever Client Choice Award from the International Law Office, the official online media partner of the International Bar Association (IBA) and an international media partner to the Association of Corporate Counsel. Based on survey responses received from more than 1,000 corporate counsel, the firm was named as the top law firm for client service in the United States.