|Southpointe Energy Complex
370 Southpointe Blvd.
Canonsburg, PA 15317
T: +1 724 416 0400
F: +1 724 416 0404
The Pittsburgh-Southpointe office is an important, strategically located asset for companies participating in Appalachian natural gas plays, including the Utica and Marcellus Shales. These formations will contribute to U.S. and world gas supplies for decades to come.
Experience where it counts
Our experienced energy and environmental lawyers in Pittsburgh-Southpointe work closely with the firm's extensive resources in other offices to provide critical regulatory, counseling and litigation services to address the full range of complex issues associated with natural gas production in tight shale formations.
The Pittsburgh-Southpointe lawyers have lived and worked in the region for many years. Their backgrounds offer a unique range of experience such as working as engineers in the petroleum and chemical industries and includes representing oil and gas operators in the region for more than twenty years. They also represent midstream operators in regulatory matters and disputes across a broad range of areas.
This combination of oil and gas and environmental lawyers experienced in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio and New York teamed with a firm whose oil and gas and environmental teams are a primary focus, and has been for decades, is unique among legal practices in the Appalachian Basin. Our clients appreciate that we have a focus on their businesses and understand the opportunities to be gained, and the pitfalls to be avoided.
Representative work includes:
- Air emissions, water, waste and wastewater issues
- Land use and local zoning ordinances
- Personal injury, toxic tort/exposure, contracts, royalty and lease disputes
- Federal and state regulations and actions
- Refinery operations
- Brownfield sites
The office's key service areas include:
- Oil and gas and environmental litigation and dispute resolution
- Transactional counseling and representation
- Employment law
- Regulatory advice
- Business formation and strategic advice
- Media and public relations
- Local government (county, municipality and township) ordinances and compliance